Do you love sea birds and seeing wildlife up close in their natural habitat? In Shetland, a boat awaits you! With guaranteed close seabird and seal encounters as well as a possible orca sighting, Shetland Seabird Tours is the perfect day out for you and your family. If you fancy seeing gannets up close, the boat tour includes ‘gannet diving feeding frenzy’ time, where you get to interact with the majestic wildlife more closely.
Where can I go on a boat tour in Shetland?
Owners of business and tour guides Phil and Rebecca are professional ecologists and have been giving wildlife tours for years. Not only that, their company’s values are strongly tied to conservation and environmental education. So you can know your money and time are well invested when you choose Shetland Seabird Tours to guide you and show you around Shetland’s breath-taking coastlines and fascinating wildlife.
- Book online before to ensure space (spaces can be sold out for days or weeks in advance)
- Can also book through Lerwick Tourist Information Centre or via phone
- Perfect for small groups – up to 12 passengers per trip
- Departures begin 15 before the schedule so, make sure to arrive earlier.
- April – Oct: tours every day at 9. 45 am and 12. 45 pm
- Early bird sunrise boat tour – 5. 45 am (Mon, Wed & Sat), Afternoon boat tour – 3.45 pm.
- Activity duration of around 2 – 2.15 hours
- Adult ticket – £45, Under 16’s ticket – £25
- Full commentary on your trip from a seasoned captain
- Binoculars & toilet facility onboard
- Located in Lerwick City Centre
- Gift shop with merchandise for sale on site