If you love cheese even half as much as we do then you will love this full day cheesemaking course! Designed to be as hands on a possible, you’ll be involved in turning 500 litres of local milk into traditional Yorkshire cheese! You’ll guided through every step of the cheese making process by the experts who will be teaching you about the history, the stages, and the waxing, of the cheese.
Where can I learn to make cheese?
The course is a full day (10am-4pm) so there is a delicious lunch that is (of course!) cheese based. The experience is meant to be informal and fun so don’t worry about it being to serious. And obviously there will be loads of cheese to taste throughout the day! The perfect day out for you and the cheese lover in your life!
- Full day – 10am to 4pm
- Prices are £99 per person or £150 for two
- Discounts can be arranged for larger groups
- Full year to redeem you voucher
Yorkshire Cheese Facts!
- The term ‘Yorkshire Wensleydale’ can only be used to sell and describe cheese made in the dale of Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales.
- In Yorkshire, you may find the apple pie is pared with some white Wensleydale for a dessert.
- Wensleydale cheese was first made by French Cistercian monks who had settled in Wensleydale.