Gather your friends and challenge yourself to clay pigeon shooting at the Big Shoot in Falkirk!
Where can I go clay shooting in Falkirk?
Head over to The Big Shoot in Cumbernauld and try out one of their fantastic clay shooting experiences - they're about a 40-minute drive northeast of Glasgow via the M80.
Ready… Aim… Fire! For anyone who has ever been interested in shooting a gun, why not try to shoot some clay pigeons surrounded by stunning Scottish scenery? You’ll be accompanied and taught by national champions while taking on riveting challenges. Whether you have a lot of experience, or you’re brand new to holding a gun and just want to give it a go, this will definitely be an unforgettable experience.
Clay pigeon shooting tips
For many, this will most likely be their first time going clay pigeon shooting – so, here are some tips to get you started:
- Make sure to stay calm and keep steady when getting ready to fire.
- Keep one foot in front of the other, facing the target, and keep the majority of your body weight on the front foot – this will help you to keep balance and reduce the recoil effect, so you won’t feel like you’re flying backwards when you shoot!
- Try to shoot a little ahead of the target, as there is a delay in the shot reaching your target. For example, if your target is flying towards the right, then aim a little further towards the right of them.
The Big Shoot are open 7 days a week, so you can book with confidence to find the most appropriate time for you! The lesson and price vary from 60-90 minutes, £37-£56, depending on the number of shoots you want to choose. There is also a cafeteria and a picnic area, so it is an ideal setting for a day out with the family.
- All required equipment is provided alongside full instruction from qualified instructors
- A winner’s trophy is given to the best shooter on the day.
- Suitable for groups of 6 or less.
- They also offer quad biking and spa experiences.
- Minimum age restrictions apply.