If driving a steam train is top of your bucket list, now is your chance with the East Lancashire Railway. With their steam train footplate driving experience you’ll learn how to fire, guard and drive the train yourself. As a member of the crew, you’ll see behind the scenes and learn from current drivers. A steam train driving experience on the East Lancashire Railway costs £449.00 per person, starting in the early morning at Bury Bolton Street Station and finishing back there at approximately 5.00 pm.
Where can I experience driving a steam train in the UK?
It’s not just all train driving down at the East Lancashire Railway stationed in Bury they offer an abundance of exciting train-themed day-out rooms, dining experiences, gin tasting sessions, murder mystery nights, plus a whole carriage more awaits. If your childhood dream was to drive a steam train add the East Lancashire Railway to your Stack!
- Steam train driving experiences typically take part on Monday and Friday
- Drive and fire a steam train for 16 miles
- Two guests per participant(Extra charge of £10.00 per lunch and £5.00 per person for a guided tour)
- Steam train driving experience £449.00 per person
- Diesel train driving experience £359.00 per person.
- Bury transport museum open Wednesday-Sunday, free entry