Have you got creative flare and are looking to ignite your creativity in a fun way whilst in London? Why not make your own masterpiece at this etching one day intensive workshop ran by Obby! This class is great for any skill level including complete beginners to the art of etching. You will learn about three different etching techniques as part of the class and then take your creation home with you after. What have you got to lose, add this art activity to your Stack!
Where can I find a print making workshop in London?
You will have the opportunity to try out the three main etching techniques that your tutor will teach you! The three techniques are:
- Drawing with stop-out onto aluminium plates and Saline Sulphate.
- Rolling a hard ground onto copper and etching in Ferric Chloride.
- Rolling a soft ground onto steel then drawing a sugarlift onto zinc and laying an Aquatint before etching in Nitric Acid.
Once you leave this workshop you will have lots of newfound skills and be able to use the different techniques to develop your own etching style. You can also then move on to develop your skills within an advanced Thames-Side workshop!
- Materials are provided during the workshop
- Beginner level class
- 7 hour workshop
- If there are no upcoming dates for the class, simply get in touch with the provider and new dates will be added according to demand