Looking for a family friendly day out in Yorkshire? Well look no further, as Experience Barnsley Museum and Discovery Centre has recently reopened its doors to the public and encourages visitors of all ages to come along, relax, and enjoy all of the remarkable collections that the museum has to offer!
Why should I visit Experience Barnsley Museum and Discovery Centre?
Experience Barnsley first opened up its doors to visitors in 2013, but the collection of artefacts, photos, documents, films, and stories has been growing ever since! The Museum is packed to the brim with stories of life in Barnsley. This venue is the perfect place for locals to uncover the heritage of their area and for visitors to learn about this great borough!
Experience Barnsley Museum and Discovery Centre is currently working on adding some exciting new things to their ever-growing collections and will have lots of new interesting objects and exhibitions soon! The Museum encourages the public to keep an eye on their website to find out when these new collections will be open to discover!
The friendly team of staff at Experience Barnsley are always on hand to welcome visitors and help answer any queries about the Museum!
- Galleries are open from Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm & Saturday 10 am to 3:30 pm
- Free Admission for all guests
- Suitable for visitors with mobility, visual, hearing, or learning impairments
- Audio descriptions of a selection of objects are available
- 360 Virtual tours of Experience Barnsley are available
- Gift shop in Museum