Want to try something different? Then why not try footgolf in Aberdeen? Footgolf is an activity that mixes football and golf, is quicker to play and does not require any expensive equipment. All you have to do is try to kick the ball into the hole – many obstacles will stand in your ways, such as bunkers, trees, water and hills. But that just makes it more fun and competitive! The player who finishes the course with the fewest shots wins.
Where can I play footgolf in Aberdeen?
On the outskirts of town, nestled in nature, Hazlehead Golf Complex welcomes all for a fun day out! You can reach the venue by car about 15 minutes west of the city centre, via King's Gate. You can also take the bus from Union Square, via the 4, 5 or 6 buses.
Bring your own football or loan on the day, dress for the weather and head on over to the golf course to have a blast! Footgolf is fun for all ages, so it is a great activity to do with the whole family. If you are not too sure about footgolf rules, there is an online rule guide for you to check out before you give the course a go.
Ever played footgolf before? Most people probably haven’t, so here are some tips for all the beginners out there:
- Make sure to kick the ball with your laces – not only will this give you more control, but it also gives you more power and saves you a lot of toe pain!
- Get used to kicking with both feet – with all the obstacles in the way, sometimes you might not be able to use your best foot. Being more comfortable using both feet will give you an advantage.
- Check which direction the wind is blowing, as it can send your ball flying and ruin your shot!
Best of all, all tickets are under five pounds! Channel your footy spirit while channelling your inner Tiger Woods, and complete all eighteen holes in this exciting course!
- Opening times: Mon – Fri: 9 am to 6.30 pm, Sat-Sun: 9 am to 5 pm
- Adult ticket – £4.50, Junior ticket – £3
- Family pass available – 2 adults & 2 children, or 1 adult & 3 children.
- Max of 5 people per playtime.
- All bookings must be made in advance (through the company’s online booking system or by phone)
- Arrive 15 minutes prior.
- Perfect for players of any age with cheaper prices for juniors and students.
- Larger groups and birthday party bookings are available – enquire by phone or email.