This one is for all the Gavin and Stacey fans out there… Relive those on-screen moments on the Gavin and Stacey bus tour on Barry island! The 3-hour tour visits many of the key locations from the TV show, on board a comfortable coach where you can see clips from the show, sing along to the music from classic scenes and have a great time with other fans of the show. Locations include sites seen in the iconic Christmas 2019 specials, Stacey’s house, the arcade (and tattoo parlour) where Nessa works, Nessa’s caravan park, Marcos café and the church where Nessa nearly gets married to Dave, and much more!
Where can I take a Gavin and Stacey tour?
This mini-coach tour is also a great way to see the Island and its neighbouring areas, as the guide shows you the sites from the hugely popular TV show. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to stop, take pictures and see the locations up close. The tour will end at Barry Island seafront. During the tour there will be a special Gavin and Stacey-themed quiz the winner will receive a prize – will you win?
Gavin and Stacey Facts
- In the show, Gavin’s family live in Billericay in Essex – most people wouldn’t have noticed, however, that most of the Essex scenes were actually filmed in Wales! The filming location was just one mile away from Barry Island at Dinas Powys.
- In the final season of the show, Nessa orders a ‘Jamdani Hash’ curry from a takeaway. However, at this time, this curry was completely made up! In 2010, Welsh Indian restaurant Mint and Mustard added this dish to their menu in honour of the show.
- The characters of Gavin and Stacey are actually inspired by real people. Gavin and his story were inspired by James Corden’s childhood friend Gavin!
- Duration 3 hour
- Price Adult: £30, child £21
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
- Tour is not accessible by wheelchair