Are you ready to GO APE and challenge yourself to a high ropes course? Then pick the wild card and choose the Go Ape treetop challenge in Keswick. Suitable for anyone over the age of ten, the treetop obstacles require strength, balance and agility. At the end of the course, you fly down an 89-metre zip wire. Once back at base you can get hot drinks and a bite at the Siskins Café. If you want to keep your feet slightly closer to the ground, Segway tours are also available – with forest all-terrain Segway tours, with some amazing Lake District views!
Is there a Go Ape in the Lake District?
Keswick is a market town in the northwest of the Lake District, surrounded by the mountains of Skiddaw and Blencathra. The town is now one of the main outdoor activity destinations in the UK, with lots of fun things to do on land and water. Alongside Go Ape and some impressive Segway tours, Whinlatter Forest is home to 3 walking trails and 9 bike trails. If visiting the Lake District, consider adding Go Ape to your Stack.
- See amazing views from over 1000 feet above sea level
- The course takes around 2-3 hours to complete
- The treetop course costs £25 for children up to 16 and £33 for adults
- One participating adult (18+) can supervise up to two children aged 10 to 15 years while on the course
- Wear sensible clothes for adventure
- Footwear must be sturdy and suitable for the outdoors. No sandals, slip off shoes, open toes or heels
- Forest Segway tours cost £35 per person
- Parking is available at an added cost
- Bike hire available
- Grab a drink and a bite to eat at Siskins Café