For all you rock-climbing enthusiasts out there, or just those who want something new and fun to experience in a unique setting, then we have a great activity to add to your stack. Visit this rock climbing centre inside a repurposed Church building in the seaside town of Newhaven for a great day out in Edinburgh.
Where can I go rock climbing in Edinburgh?
Alien rock is housed inside the shell of an old church building, with spaces to climb for everyone from complete beginners all the way up to the seasoned climbers. Each section is colour coded to mark the difficulty of the route, so novices can ease their way into things while veterans can challenge themselves by using the excellent roof overhanging route. Alien rock would make an exciting start to a night-out for a stag/hen do, which can be arranged by calling the number listed below. If you’re a first time climber, then go ahead and book a taster session to have their expert instructors show you the excitement of climbing and get you ascending above in no time
- The taster session will cost £32, at a maximum of 3 people.
- Off-peak prices are as follows: Adult/£9.50, Concession/£8.50, Under 16/£7.00.
- Peak prices: Adult/£10.50, Concession/£9.50, Under 16/£7.00.
- Parent and child courses can be booked for £50, where you’ll participate in and help your child with climbing.
- Alien Rock is open Monday-Friday 10am to 10pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am to 7pm.