Attention all history buffs! There is a hidden history tour waiting for you in Norwich that you can’t miss out on. The Shoebox Community Hub, formerly the KindaKafe, lies above a hidden street and undercroft waiting to be discovered by you. The hidden history tour of Castle Meadow Street will take you on a journey down two flights of stairs to explore the layers of architecture dating all the way back from the 15th century.
Where can I find a historical tour of Norwich?
Your tour will be led by an amazing performer, storyteller and historian who will engage your mind and create a window back to the Fine City, with its trades, houses and people. You will hear of the myths of prison cells, streets and tunnels that are now hidden from the streets above. Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible but the Tombland walking tour also offered by the Hidden History Tours at the Shoebox is suitable for those in need of wheelchair access.
The tour is for all ages to enjoy and is fairly priced so don’t miss out on the opportunity to tour one of Norwich’s hidden treasures.
- Prices from £7 for children (4-12 years old) children under 4 go free
- Prices for adults from £13 per person
- Opening days on Mondays and Tuesdays as well as the first 2 weekends of every month
- Less than a mile from Norwich City Centre
Some facts about Norwich!
- Norwich has the longest run of medieval defences for a city in England.
- Norwich cathedral’s spire is 96m high which is the 4th tallest in the UK.
- Canaries have a history within the city of Norwich. They were initially brought over by workers fleeing religious persecution in northern Europe and were soon adopted by the locals of the city. Nowadays Norwich City FC’s nickname is the canaries!