Calling all animal lovers! Up in Grange over Sands, you can take hacks and treks with the friendly horses at Witherslack! New to riding? They also offer lessons so you can take up horse riding from scratch no matter your age or ability. If you want a peaceful day exploring the area this is a great activity to add to your Stack.
This equestrian centre has been around for a long time so you can be sure you’re in good hands with both the team and the horses from Witherslack. With 2500 acres of estate to explore, it’s the largest semi-natural woodland in Cumbria!
Where can I go horse riding in The Lake District?
If you’re looking to do some more advanced trekking you will need to pass their assessment before you set off just to make sure you’re a confident enough rider to handle the journey. Unfortunately, if you don’t pass you will not be able to do the trek or receive a refund, so it’s very important you understand your ability and choose the correct level of activity to avoid disappointment. They also offer horse riding holidays for the whole family, as well as horse riding camps for children.
- Minimum age of 3 but ideal for any other age and skill level
- Several horses to choose from to make your perfect experience
- Prices range from £25 to £500 depending on the activity
- All skill levels and abilities welcome
- Activities from 30 minutes to up to 4 days are available