Have you ever wanted to try horse riding with the backdrop of the gorgeous Highland hills and lochs? At Wilder Ways in the Knoydart peninsula, also known as ‘Scotland’s last true wilderness, you can go horse riding off the grid and take part in a fulfilling adventure that allows you to go even further into the wild outdoors. Southend is only accessible by boat so it’s truly a remote location. Surrounded by 4 of the Munros mountains – all over 3000ft – the view is ever-changing as you go from seeing the impressive, snowy peaks to getting a peek at the small Isles – Rum, Eigg and Skye. It is truly a unique experience to horse ride in this stunning area of Scotland!
Where can I go horse riding in Scotland?
The company offer accommodation and food so you can extend your stay and try out various outdoor activities popular in the area such as climbing, hiking and mountain biking. There are over 40 horses on-site you can befriend and ride, as well as qualified riders and instructors trained to help you get the most out of your experience, no matter your horse riding ability. Furthermore, imbued with rich history, from old clan wars to the Highland clearances and more, at Wilder Ways, your horse riding experience is like no other.
- Visits currently deferred to 2022
- Horse riding sessions are subject to availability – enquire on the website beforehand
- 1-hour horse riding session: £30 per person (both child and adult)
- Can make session private for £45 per person
- Several equestrian adventures to choose from
- Training/guidance from experienced coaches and qualified trail leaders
- Fully trained and experienced horses provided
- Riding helmets up to current safety standards provided
- Accommodation and restaurant on-site available