Go ice skating in Inverness at Inverness Ice Centre!
Inverness Ice Centre has been open since 1968, training greatness and providing fun days out for half a century! Are you looking to take up ice skating lessons in Inverness? Or would you like to improve your ice skating skills? Practice makes perfect at the Inverness ice centre – anyone can take part in ice skating lessons, taught by a professional instructor with years of experience. Their partner, Inverness Skating and Ice Dance Club, also holds skating sessions every Sunday from 9 am, with new members welcome.
Where can I go ice skating in Inverness?
Inverness ice centre is located just a 15-minute walk from the city centre, close to the banks of the River Ness. It's next to the main leisure complex adjacent to the Bught Playing fields, so head down to skate in Inverness and enjoy a wide selection of ice activities, from ice skating, and curling to ice hockey!
If you’re looking for a party, then take up those fancy dress outfits and hit the ice. Inverness ice centre offers exciting birthday bundles for a day you won’t be forgetting anytime soon. Bundles include skates for all, and access to food and drink ice ring access (parties can join in on a public session or you can hireable the full rink).
- First, and importantly – wear clothes that are comfortable and practical to move around in. And don’t forget thick socks to avoid blisters!
- If you’re a beginner, start by holding the barrier to get used to the movement, and only let go when you feel confident enough.
- Don’t look down, as this can easily disrupt your balance.
- Don’t lean backwards, as this makes you much more likely to fall over. It can also be helpful to bend your knees to help with your balance.
- Curling £12.00 per person – £96.00 per sheet
- Ice skating Adults – £5.50
- Ice skating Children – £4.50
- Ice skating Under 5’s – £2.00
- Located 2.9 miles from Inverness city centre
- Memberships available
- A spectating area on site