Have you always wanted to give ice skating a go? Well, in Nottingham there is a great ice rink that’s open every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. At the National Ice Centre, they can provide you with skates so if you and your mates just want to have a fun day out, you can be out on the rink for less than £10.
Where can I find an ice skating rink in the Nottingham area?
As well as offering you the chance to get out there and hit the ice on your own, you can also take ice skating lessons here. 6 lessons cost just £62 and then once you’re all trained up you can go along and show off your new skating skills. As well as ice skating, the National Ice Centre also caters for other ice sports such as ice hockey, figure skating, speed skating and synchronised skating. So once you tick ice skating off your bucket list why don’t you have a go at these other great ice sports!
Ice Skating Tips
- First, and importantly – wear clothes that are comfortable and practical to move around in. And don’t forget thick socks to avoid blisters!
- If you’re a beginner, start by holding the barrier to get used to the movement, and only let go when you feel confident enough.
- Don’t look down, as this can easily disrupt your balance.
- Don’t lean backwards, as this makes you much more likely to fall over. It can also be helpful to bend your knees to help with your balance.
- Skating lessons for beginners or intensive skating lessons for advanced skaters to improve their skills
- Prices starting from as low as £5.50
- Skate hire and ice equipment are available at an added price