Kayaking and Canoeing are some of the most popular adventure activities you can do in Co. Cavan join in on the fun with Cavan Adventures. They have the perfect location for both first-timers and more experienced paddlers. Enjoy moving freely through the water with amazing birds and wildlife swooping and ducking around you. Choose to splash around and play games or take a trip to the incredible Clogh Oughter, a 13th-century Castle that lies serenely amidst the islands.
Where can I go kayaking on the Arran Islands?
You will be given your own single or double kayak or canoe and instruction from our staff before heading out on the water. The most popular trail is Clough Oughter Castle. Discover the historic 13th-century Anglo-Norman Castle that lies serenely amid the lakes, hidden in a maze of islands and waterways. Enjoy a picnic by the Castle with just the wildlife for company, before paddling your way back to shore.
- Minimum age requirement of 8 years old
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Opening times are from 10 am till 6 pm
- Opening months from March to October
- Prices from £35 per person
- Anyone from the ages of 3+ can take part