For all Funstackers who are interested in kayaking, you can get excited because now you can go kayaking on Loch Lomond! To top it off, it’s one of the prettiest lochs in all of Scotland. The sessions welcome kayakers of all abilities, but if you would like something extra to add to your experience, Loch Lomond Leisure Centre has just the option for you. Pick from a two or four hour guided tour of the loch, where a BCU coach will lead you around and give you insight into the local surrounding area.
Where can I go kayaking in Loch Lomond?
Part of the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Loch Lomond is a lake in southern Scotland. The surrounding Highlands area is home to red deer and oak woodlands. With abundant wildlife and beautiful scenery, solo or group kayaking on Loch Lomond is beyond picturesque! There is also the Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre nearby if you would like to try out different activities in the area!
- Book beforehand – £100 deposit required when booking
- There are four locations available to take kayaking; Luss beach, Loch Lomond Shores, Balmaha and the Rowardennan Hotel
- Kayak hire price: 1 hour – £20 pp for a single kayak, £25 pp for a double kayak, £30 pp for a tripe kayak, etc
- Guided Tours: 2 hours – £40 pp, 4 hours – £60 pp (this is the price for a single kayak)
- 1-3 person kayaks available as well as with all tours
- Groups have to be smaller than 48 people
- A buoyancy aid is supplied with all kayaks and must be worn
- Kayak’s bookable for as long as you need with bookings from 1-16 hours
- Minimum age of 3 years and under 18’s need adult supervision