In the heart of Sheffield is a 900-year-old man-made island that is home to some of the city’s finest public houses and breweries. This tour takes you around the island and lets you explore and learn about Sheffield’s rich brewing history all while getting a taste of it along the way!
What's a good way to experience Sheffield's food scene?
Kelham Island is famous for its pubs and brewing heritage so if you're looking for a way to experience good quality local food and drink then this is the tour for you!
This guided tour will take you to 5 venues on the island where you will get a beer or two which will be paired with a dish so you won’t go hungry. Your guide will provide you with expert knowledge of the area and the staff of the venues will talk to you about the beer and food keeping you involved and learning the whole way.
The whole tour takes about three hours and starts at 12 pm so get ready for a great lunchtime experience in the centre of Sheffield.
- Tickets are £65 per person.
- A guided tour to learn about Kelham Islands brewing heritage.
- Tour takes you to 5 of Kelham Islands venues.
- Brewery tour to learn how beer is made.
- The equivalent of 4 pints that are paired with paired small plates is included in the ticket price.
- Over 18 years only.
- Tours start at 12 pm and last around 3 and a half hours.
Food and Drink in Leeds
- Leeds has food festivals every year, such as the North Leeds Food Festival, which just highlights how big the foodie scene in Leeds is!
- Leeds is also home to lots of brilliant local breweries, such as the North Brewing CO, so you can expect lots of local beer around the city!
- Kelham Island is a reclaimed piece of land with a big industrial history but, has now been repurposed and is a hub of food and drink in the city!