Get ready to combine surfing with wind power with kitesurfing; the new water sport taking the nation by storm! Balance on a board while you hold only your kite and let the wind pull you through the water. With professional instructors to guide you, kite surfing is easy to learn whether you’re a complete beginner or more experienced and looking to learn some new tricks. With courses open to bookings of up to 4 people this is a great activity to try with friends. Take advantage of the good weather someday and give it a try, maybe you’ll discover your new favourite sport!
How long will it take to learn to kitesurf?
Poole is a beautiful place to try this sport with plenty of places to eat nearby if you get hungry after your session. If you love water sports but aren’t sure you want to do kitesurfing they also offer loads of different water activities including windsurfing and paddleboarding and more.
Kitesurfing for beginners
Before heading to the water, here are some tips that will have you gliding smoothly!
- Don’t hold the bar by the edges, this will make turning too powerful and you may end up falling. Instead, hold the bar closer to the centre.
- Make sure your chest is facing towards the kite – if you don’t lean back at the right angle, it’s easy to be pulled over by the wind.
- Practice controlling your kite on the ground before heading out to the water, as it will improve your instincts when you’re on the waves – this will most likely be part of your instructions if taking lessons.
All the teachers at Easyriders are qualified and can assure you have a brilliant time, so all you need is determination and the want to succeed on the waves!
- Prices start at £50 per person per hour
- Progression courses available for surfers of any skill level
- Multi-day kitesurfing courses available for groups of up to 4 people
- Everything you need to properly kite surf is provided on the day