Bonjour! Hola! Guten tag! Have you ever wanted to learn a language but never had the opportunity? Or perhaps you want to learn a new language or improve on your knowledge of one you already know a thing or two about? Well, you’re in luck! The Language Centre in Newcastle is offering the perfect opportunity for you. With their amazing weekly classes, you’ll be speaking in another language in no time. Broaden your horizons and learn all about another culture today!
What languages are classes offered in?
The classes focus on speaking, understanding, pronunciation and cultural awareness, however, syntax, grammar, reading and writing are just as important and will be integrated in the coursework. The incredible tutors are experienced native speakers and will follow the European Language Framework. You’re development through learning your chosen language is tracked through 3 levels (Beginner, Elementary and Intermediate), and it generally takes a year of study to move to the next level. However it will take 2 years for each level of a non-romance language. Before you enrol, make sure you are in the right year.
- This is the perfect entry point to a new language.
- This course implies that you have never previously studied the language.
- This is the next step up after Beginner.
- It implies that you already have some knowledge of the language
- It roughly corresponds to a GCSE level at entry. However, it doesn’t mean that you have to have a GCSE.
- This is the next step up after Elementary.
- It roughly corresponds to an AS-Level. However, it doesn’t mean that you have to have completed an AS-Level course.
A full term lasts a total of 15 hours across the weeks, and your fees cover the whole term. When you have decided what language you would like to learn, and what your entry level will be, enrol via the website. The link is provided below.
- Normal – £143.50
- Retired – £123.75
- Students – £123.75
- Benefits – £82.50