Looking for something a bit different and unique to do in North Wales? Take a break from hiking, bum on chair and relax – get creative take something home to remember your holiday with a pottery class in Conwy.
What can I do indoors in North Wales?
Tân y Ddraig Ceramic Cafe (Welsh for dragon’s fire – cool name!) is a pottery painting studio in the lovely town of Conwy, in the shadow of Conwy Castle. A great activity with family or friends, for all abilities and ages, their friendly staff will be there to provide you will all you need to get your creative side to work. Choose from mugs, plates, chests or other trinkets and let yourself go while you paint and enjoy a hot drink and some cake. When you’re happy with your new creation, the staff will finish it off, ready for you to collect within the week. There are regular events held at the cafe, with classes for introductions to ceramics to Christmas themed nights. Whether you want to take something home for yourself, craft something for that special person, or have a nice day out with the kids, Tân y Ddraig is perfect for a rainy day.
- Entry is free, you just need to pay for the painting – each piece to paint is individually priced.
- If you can’t be there to collect it, postage can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Opening Times: Thursday to Sunday: 10:00am to 5:00pm/ Holidays: Everyday 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Events are individually priced and can be checked on their site.
- Bookings can be made in advance, walk-ins are also welcome.