Welcome to Cumbria, a county in the northwest of England that is full of fun and exciting things to do! Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure or cultural attractions, Cumbria has something for everyone.
One of the main attractions in Cumbria is the Lake District National Park. This area is home to stunning mountains, lakes, and forests, and is a popular destination for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities. Visitors can explore the park on foot, by bike, or even by boat, and enjoy the stunning scenery that surrounds them.
For those interested in history, Cumbria is home to a range of historic sites and attractions. One of the most famous is Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to Roman times. Visitors can explore the wall and the surrounding forts and museums, and learn about the rich history of the region.
Cumbria is also home to a range of charming towns and villages, each with its own unique character and attractions. The town of Keswick, for example, is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with a range of shops, cafes, and restaurants to explore. The village of Cartmel, on the other hand, is known for its historic buildings and charming streets, as well as its famous sticky toffee pudding.
For those looking for something a little more relaxing, Cumbria is home to a range of spa and wellness centres. Visitors can indulge in a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body scrubs, and enjoy some much-needed relaxation and rejuvenation.
Finally, no visit to Cumbria would be complete without sampling some of the region’s famous cuisine. From Cumberland sausage to sticky toffee pudding, Cumbria has a range of delicious dishes and local specialities to try. Visitors can explore the region’s markets and food festivals, and enjoy the tastes and flavours of Cumbria.
So whether you’re looking for adventure, culture, relaxation, or cuisine, Cumbria has something for everyone. Come and explore all that this beautiful county has to offer!
Here are some fun things to do in Cumbria
- Explore the Lake District National Park – this is one of the most popular attractions in Cumbria, offering stunning mountains, lakes, and forests that are perfect for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
- Visit Hadrian’s Wall – this UNESCO World Heritage Site dates back to Roman times and offers a fascinating glimpse into the history of the region. Visitors can explore the wall, forts, and museums that surround it.
- Enjoy a spa day – Cumbria is home to a range of spa and wellness centers, offering treatments such as massages, facials, and body scrubs that are perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Visit charming towns and villages – Cumbria is home to a range of charming towns and villages, each with its own unique character and attractions. Keswick and Cartmel are two popular destinations that are well worth a visit.
- Try local cuisine – from Cumberland sausage to sticky toffee pudding, Cumbria has a range of delicious dishes and local specialties to try. Visitors can explore the region’s markets and food festivals and sample the tastes and flavors of Cumbria.
- Go on a scenic drive – Cumbria is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in England, and a scenic drive through the countryside is a great way to take it all in.
- Visit historic castles – Cumbria is home to a range of historic castles, including Carlisle Castle and Brougham Castle. Visitors can explore these ancient fortresses and learn about the rich history of the region.
- Go on a boat trip – Cumbria’s lakes and rivers are perfect for boat trips, offering a unique perspective on the region’s stunning natural scenery.
- Attend a cultural event – Cumbria hosts a range of cultural events throughout the year, including music festivals, literary festivals, and food festivals.
- Go stargazing – Cumbria’s dark skies make it a great destination for stargazing. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the night sky and learn about the constellations and planets from knowledgeable guides.