County Tyrone is a historic and picturesque county located in the northwest of Ireland. It is the largest county in Northern Ireland and is known for its stunning landscapes, rich history and friendly locals. With a population of approximately 180,000 people, County Tyrone is a vibrant and diverse region that has played an important role in the history and culture of Ireland. The county is home to many notable landmarks, such as the Sperrin Mountains, Lough Neagh and the Ulster American Folk Park. Visitors to County Tyrone can enjoy a range of activities, from hiking and biking in the great outdoors to exploring historic castles and monuments.
Why not try some of the incredible Outdoor Activities, like banana boating and footgolf? You definitely need to try Driving or even some of the Watersports available.
If it’s the history of Tyrone that you’re interested in, then check out the Heritage and Historical Sites. There are also several Museums which are sure to be of interest to you.
There are also lots of Free activities to do in County Tyrone, so you’ll never be stuck for something to do. There are even lots of activities suitable for Stag & Hen parties too! If you’re looking for something to do as a family, then you’ll never get bored with all of the Family Friendly activities on offer! Or perhaps, if you’re looking for something different, try Virtual Reality activities.
There are many fun things to do in County Tyrone, ranging from outdoor activities to cultural experiences
- Explore the Sperrin Mountains – County Tyrone is home to the Sperrin Mountains, which offer stunning views and great opportunities for hiking, cycling, and wildlife watching.
- Visit the Ulster American Folk Park – this living history museum tells the story of emigration from Ulster to North America in the 18th and 19th centuries, and includes authentic recreated buildings and exhibits.
- Attend the O’Neill’s Tyrone GAA matches – Gaelic football is a popular sport in County Tyrone, and attending a match is a great way to experience the local culture and passion for the sport.
- Take a tour of historic castles and monuments – County Tyrone is home to several historic sites, including the stunning 17th-century Castle Caulfield and the ancient Beaghmore Stone Circles.
- Enjoy traditional Irish music and dance – many pubs and venues throughout County Tyrone offer live music and dance performances, allowing visitors to experience the vibrant and lively local culture.
- Visit the Todds Leap Adventure Centre – this outdoor activity centre offers a range of thrilling experiences, including zip-lining, off-road driving, and paintballing.
- Attend a local festival or event – County Tyrone hosts a range of festivals throughout the year, celebrating everything from food and drink to music and culture.