Calling all intrepid explorers! Do you know your stalactite from your stalagmite? Find out as you explore the breathtaking Marble Arch Caves, formed over 340 million years ago. First explored in 1895, take a guided tour and join the ranks of those brave enough to venture into the deep, dark caverns and chambers that make up the cave system.
Descend 154 steps underground and enjoy the boat ride and cave walk led by a very knowledgable and friendly guide. Tours follow the route of the Owenbrean river, leading you past many hidden tunnels and stunning formations. Tours last around 60 minutes, in which you walk 1.5km.
Is it dangerous?
Maybe give this one a miss if you get very claustrophobic! The caves are mostly open spaces, but if exploring the caves isn’t for you, the visitors centre is packed with fascinating information about the history of the caves and the brave people who first explored them. Plus, there is also a lovely cafe available.
- Adult – £10.00
- Child (5-18) – £5.00
- Family (2 adults and 2 children) – £25
- Family (2 adults and 3 chuldren) – £28
- Student – £7.50
- Senior Citizen (60 and above) – £7.50
- 4 years old and under do not require a ticket
- Monday to Friday: 10:30-3:00
- Saturday to Sunday: 10:20-3:20
- Tickets must be booked at least a day in advance.