Are you an animal lover who wants to get up close and personal with some adorable meerkats? Because if you do, you should visit the Millets Falconry Centre and actually feed them yourself! In this incredible experience, you will enter the meerkat enclosure with the keeper who will teach you a bit about these cute creatures, before getting up close and personal to feed them.
Where can you feed animals in Oxford?
This costs £25 for one person and £40 in total for 2 people and lasts 30 minutes but is such a fun activity that you will not stop talking about it! Pretty much everyone can do this as well as long as you are over the age of 8 which means bring your whole family and make a memory with them!
- Meerkats have amazing eyesight, letting them spot birds, predators or other threats from miles away.
- They can live for an incredibly long time without water, in fact, they don’t drink it at all! They get all of the water they need from eating fruits, vegetables and insects.
- They’re surprisingly feisty! Meerkats regularly battle, and win, with poisonous scorpions and snakes. They are known to quickly grab the tail of preying scorpions and bite it off, meaning they can’t deliver any poisonous attacks. They then rub the scorpion on the sand to get rid of any remaining venom and eat them.
They offer many other experiences, including; the Junior Zookeeper Experience, Raccoon Encounter, Hawk Walks, Owl Encounters, Bird of Prey Encounters, Falconry Experiences, VIP Hunting Days, and even a reptiles Experience! There are so many different options for you to explore your love of animals, that whichever one you choose, it will be an unforgettable experience that you will cherish forever.
- Prices from £25 per person with discounts for multiple bookings
- Minimum age requirement of 8 years old
- Activity duration of about 30 minutes
- Activity times daily from 10 am till 2 pm
- Located 11 miles away from Oxford