Want to explore one of the finest medieval castles in Jersey? Cast over the beautiful fishing village of Gorey for over 800 years, Mont Orguiel Castle is a must see attraction on the stunning island. Mont Orgueil is also a symbol of Jersey’s national identity and independent character!
Where can I visit a medieval castle in Jersey?
The Castle is home to several art displays, including “The Queen” by light artist Chris Levine and holographer Rob Munday, which features, “Equanimity”, a world-renowned holographic portrait of Her Majesty commissioned as part of Jersey’s celebrations of its 800-year-old relationship with the monarchy.
Top 3 things to do at Mont Orgueil Castle
- See the Dance of Death statue hidden within the Castle
- Walk down the staircase to find the Witches in Hell
- Find the Prayer Nuts in one of the castle’s rooms
- Open daily from 16 March to 30 October – 10am to 6pm
- Open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 31 October to 19 December – 10am to 4pm
- Adult: £13.95
- Child (6-16): £9.05
- Senior: £12.55
- Family (2 adults, 2 children): £41.40
- Under 6: FREE
- Members: FREE