Are you confident getting around in nature with just a map and compass? If not, why not learn how to navigate and feel confident when out and about in nature? Wildwood Bushcraft has several navigation courses that you can try – starting from one day to multiple day courses where you and a few other people gain knowledge while experiencing beautiful sights up close! Doing their most popular course – the 2-day navigation course – you can spend the weekend walking up, exploring and camping in some of Scotland’s best mountainous regions.
When can I learn how to navigate a mountain in Scotland?
For this course, you’ll be part of a small group to minimise the impact on the environment. The company’s ethos is ‘making sure to use resources sustainably while providing educational experiences to others’. Its mission is to help people reconnect with nature. What better way to reconnect with nature than to set off on a two-day expedition where you don’t rely on any technology to get around? Just you, your map and compass as you immerse yourself in the sights, smells and textures all around you!
- Book online – various payment methods are available
- Weekend Navigation Course – 9 am on Sat to 4 pm on Sun, £160 per person
- A shuttle bus service from the nearest railway station is available
- Water is available on-site – prep for hiking and camping
- Other navigation courses available on the website
- Group sizes of usually 2 – 6 people; allow for route flexibility as the path is decided based on everyone’s ability
- Private group booking available – enquire on the website
- For extra information and enquiries – submit them via a form on the website
- Make sure to be well prepared – check the FAQ and safety briefing on the website