If you enjoy visiting national trust locations in Scotland then here is one for you! Crathes Castle is a castle just on the outskirts of Aberdeen in a town called Banchory. Crathes Castle is a very historic building with it being built in 1596! The inside of the castle has been kept the same as it was to preserve its historic importance. The castle is surrounded by an enormous garden with tall hedges that were planted as early as 1702!
Where can I find a Scottish national trust near Aberdeen?
Crathes estate is so large it has six waymarked trails where you get a chance to see a wide variety of habitats and spot some wonderful wildlife. There is also a Wild Wood Adventure play for children to explore and have fun in the wildlife environment. On the estate, there is also Go Ape which is a treetop playground, where you will be climbing up trees to zip line through the woods. Crathes Castle is full of activities for all ages and is a perfect place to bring the family for the day.
- Prices – Adult £14.50, Family £33.00, One adult family £27.50, Concession £11:00, Young scot £1.00
- Opening times for Castle and shop – 10:00 – 16:00 (Last entry 4 pm)
- Grounds – daily, dawn-dusk
- Opening times for gardens – Mon–Fri, 10.00–16.00.
- Opening times for Wild Wood Adventure play – 10.00–16.00
- Cafe 1702 – 10.00–16.00