Are you in need of a break away from the busy city? Or do you just love nature? There’s no better place to escape than a place hailed as “one of the wild glories of Scotland” by Sir David Attenborough himself! Rothiemurchus Estate is a place to adventure or be at peace – choose from plenty of thrilling adventure activities on offer or simply relax in one of the most picturesque spots in Scotland.
Where is Rothiemurchus?
In the heart of the Cairngorms National Park and recognised across the country as one of Britain’s most special wild areas, abundant with wildlife and ancient forests. If you’re looking for something physical, you can choose from a host of outdoor activities. Try a quad bike trek, take up a bow and learn archery, or take to the wheel with 4×4 off road driving! For something a bit more relaxed, take a tour with their ranger service around the park to meet the highland cattle or feed the deer, or ride through the forests in a pony trekking experience. If you really do fall in love with the forest, then their camp and caravan park is the perfect place to unwind among the pine trees. You can get your supplies at the Farm Shop and Deli, with a fantastic selection of locally-produced food and drink. Rothiemurchus is a must-do for anyone visiting Scotland or the Highlands!
- Price of trip depends on activity, group sizes and age so check their website carefully.
- Farm Shop and Deli is currently open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays) from 10am – 3.30pm.
- The Farm Shop is open from 10am – 4pm.
- The site is not currently wheelchair friendly.
- Detailed directions are available at: https://rothiemurchus.net/how-to-get-here/