Want to experience the breathtaking views of East Sutherland? There’s no better way to explore the lochs and coastlines than a paddleboarding experience. You can hire boards and get lessons from the Sutherland Adventure Company.
Why hire a paddleboard in East Sutherland?
Places to explore include Brora beach, Loch Brora, Golspie beach, Loch Shin in Lairg, Dornoch Beach and Loch Migdale in Bonar Bridge. If there’s a particular place you would like to paddleboard that’s not on this list, then simply give them a call, as they are a fully mobile service and can deliver boards to a number of places around East Sutherland. They discourage you from paddling in Loch Fleet between Golspie & Embo. This area is a National Nature Reserve and has breeding seals and other animals which have been disturbed by paddleboarders. Enclosed water spaces (Loch Brora, Loch Shin and Loch Migdale) are preferable for beginners.
- Activities are available for all ages!
- Paddleboarding lessons from £35 pp
- Paddleboard hire ½ Day Hire £25 pp
- Paddleboard hire full day £40 pp
- Wetsuit shoes: £4.50 per day
- Wetsuit gloves: £3.00 per day
- Wetsuits: £7.50 per day
- Additional buoyancy aid: £7.50 per day
- Always check the tides – seek local advice