Looking for a slow, relaxing day out in If you’re looking for a unique way to experience the beauty of North Wales, then look no further – take the Great Orme Tramway, the only remaining cable-hauled tramway still operating on public British roads.
What can I do in Llandudno?
Follow in the footsteps (or tracks!) of people from 100 years ago, as you relax and enjoy the views of the Great Orme Country Park and Nature Reserve. Starting from Victoria Station in Llandudno, your journey will take you to the summit of the park, where on a sunny day you’ll be treated to spectacular views of Wales, reaching as far as the Isle of Man and the Lake District. Make a stop at the Halfway Exhibition Centre, where you can learn more about the fantastic engineering of the Tramway. For the kids with itchy feet, you can take them to the large playground area at the summit. Take a break from the wheel and discover travel as it was 100 years ago in a lovingly restored tramway experience.
- Prices depend on dates (high season is July and August):
High Season £9.50 adult, £7.00 adult
Low Season £8.50 adult, £6.00 child
- Groups, schools and families can receive a 10% discount.
- Tram runs every 20 minutes.
- Car Parks available at Llandudno end and Great Orme Country Park end.
- Dogs on leads welcome.
- Tramway is closed from late October and reopens in March.
- Opening times: 10am to 6pm.