Switch off from the world and explore the serene waters of Derwent Water Marina, the prettiest lake in the district according to the team at the Derwent Waters boat hire, and also close to Keswick with links on their website if you need somewhere to stay!
The lake is sheltered by hills, creating the perfect calm environment for wildlife to flourish and for paddling over the water. Choose between the hire of kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, and even pedalos to cross the lake, with prices ranging from £20 to £35 depending on your choice of hire. This is a brilliant idea for a weekend away with friends, whether you want to celebrate something or are looking for your next outdoor adventure.
Why should I go sailing in the Lake District?
There are plenty of places to stay nearby, as well as lots of other great activities to try during your time in the Lake District. After you’ve tackled the water, why not take on the land and follow any of the amazing trails in the area? With some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the UK, it’s no wonder this is such a popular destination for holidays, and a holiday spent exploring the gorgeous landscape of the Lake District would make a great addition to anyone’s Stack!
- Several different crafts to choose from to suit your experience level (Please choose a craft you are confident sailing as tuition is not available right now)
- Book as early as 12 hours before start time
- Changing rooms available
- Prices range from £20-£35 depending on craft hire
- Opening hours 9 am-4.30 pm Monday-Sunday
- Groups with under 16’s must be supervised by an adult