Scotscraig golf course is located in the North East of Fife, it is only a short drive from the old course at St Andrews, Scotscraig is the 13th oldest golf club in the entire world, opening in 1896 it has been around for over 120 years delivering the best experience to all golfers who attend the course. Jordan Rose, a 24 time competition winner once described his experience as “great course, great greens and very friendly staff”. The course itself is open all year round for numerous opens and competitions so be sure to keep an eye out as you may just be the next winner.
Where can I play golf near St Andrews?
Beginners Golf Tips
- If you have no golfing experience it is key to start on a practice range rather than an actual course
- Buy and wear a golf glove
- Learn and understand the equipment you will need
- Make the short game your priority at first
- Learn basic bunker and fairway shots
- Learn how the ball gets into the air
You will be playing off a par of 72 when playing this course over 18 holes with a total distance of 5791 yards, when playing in competitions the par is 71 an the total yardage is 6669 with more slopes. Since 1984 Scotscraig has repeatedly held the final European qualifiers whilst the open is played at St Andrews. There is also a stunning golf house on site that overlooks the stunning 18th hole, here you can sit back and enjoy a meal and drinks from the bar.
- Price per round for visitors is 84 pounds
- Must pre book your desire playing date
- Free parking available