I have a mesmerizing trip for you! Take the plunge and experience diving into Silfra’s pristine, crystal clear water and then warm up in the natural pool Fontana Spa at Laugarvatn. Float between continents – the North American and Eurasian – as you explore the clearest water in the world!
What's the best place to go diving in Iceland?
Discover mysteries beneath the surface, while in gear keeping you nicely dry and warm in a glacial lake formed over decades, from lava that separates Þingvellir from Langjökull – this allows you to see 150 meters ahead and right down to the bottom surface, at a depth of 23 meters! Not only does it have unparalleled visibility, but you can also even drink the water! It takes the water 100 years to flow from Langjökull into the gorge and arrives clean through natural filters purifying it. After 40 mins in Silfra, you can look around at Þingvellir underwater ‘cathedral’ before heading to Laugarvatn, Silfra and Fontana. All part of the Golden Ring! As soon as you get out of the water, you are given free cocoa and cookies.
During your dive, you will explore the best of Silfra. Gliding through the hilariously named ‘Big Crack’ where you can have your photo taken ‘Between the Continents’. You will then be able to observe Iceland’s ducks and geese paddling overhead and see the mesmerizing ‘chandelier effects’ of rising bubbles from fellow divers. Then spend the rest of your trip relaxing in the Lagoon, admiring the beautiful colours formed by the algae.
- All year round, daily trips
- Open from 9.00-16.00 every weekday (closed on weekends)
- 6 people per guide and need a minimum of 3 snorkelers per exhibition otherwise refunded in full
- Necessary equipment provided
- Many Diving Sites to explore
- All guides are experienced professional PADI divers
- They have a large, heated car where you can change
- You must have Diver Certification Course (or equivalent) before going
Included in the Price:
- Guided tour of Silfra
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the trip
- Silver fee (1500 ISK per person)