If you’re looking for somewhere to take the kids in Birmingham, or you just want to ‘sea’ (pun intended) some fascinating sea life, then look no further – with the only 360° ocean tunnel experience in the UK, the National Sea Life Centre offers the perfect day out to add to your stack.
Where can I take kids in Birmingham?
Take a dip under the sea (in the safety of a tunnel, of course!) and marvel at the beauty of one of the UK’s largest collections of sea life. From sharks, seals, turtles and penguins, discover the creatures of the deep as you experience a journey like no other. The National Sea Life Centre in Birmingham offers a range of different interactive areas to dive into: marvel at the only successful pair of breeding Blackchin Guitarfish in the UK; learn more about the amazing assortment of creatures that live in the ocean’s reefs; meet one of the smartest creatures in the sea by saying hello to Beverly, the giant pacific octopus.
- Tickets must be booked in advance – no walk in’s.
- The standard ticket costs £20.65 and covers adults and children. This must be a pre-booked time slot.
- For £25.65, you can buy a ticket that is valid for any day and time you’d like.
- Students get a discount of £18.
- School trips can be booked.