Get up-close and make friends with the UK’s only free-ranging herd of reindeer! Whether you’re looking for to ignite your Christmas spirits or just admire these magnificent creatures grazing freely on the mountains, a trip to Cairngorm Reindeer centre is a must-do for any visitors to the Highlands.
Where can I see reindeer in Scotland?
Located in the centre of the Cairngorms National Park, you can enjoy spectacular views of the mountains and watch the reindeer roam free. There are over 15o reindeer in the herd, with the centre running daily guided trips on the hills. This is a relaxed walk through the hills to find the reindeer where you’ll follow an expert guide. Once they’re found you’ll be among the herd with the friendly reindeer where you can feed and pet them! Live your winter wonderland paradise in the Christmas guided trips, with snow covering the hills for many months during the winter, or take the kids to the Paddocks with the fun Christmas weekends where they may run into Santa himself!
- Hill trips in the winter depart at 11am, summer at 2.30pm.
- It’s recommended to book hill trips in advance at: https://www.cairngormreindeer.co.uk/hill-trips/
- Your own vehicle will be needed for the hill trip to drive to across the main road to the hills.
- Make sure you’re well dressed with warm clothes and boots for the walk as it can get steep, muddy and cold! (Wellies or hiking boots essential!)
- The whole trip takes around 1.5-2 hours, with prices ranging from (price includes paddocks):
Adults: £18.50, Students/Seniors: £16, Children: £13.50, Age 3 and under are free.
- Paddock only visit:
Adults: £3.50, Concessions: £3.00, Children: £2.50, Children aged 3 & under are free.
- Don’t use sat-navs as they’ll take you to the wrong address. Detailed directions can be found at: https://www.cairngormreindeer.co.uk/how-to-find-us/