Visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace – William Shakespeare’s childhood home in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon. Hear tales of Shakespeare’s family life and get up close to objects from the Trust’s world class collections as you discover how the extraordinary playwright continues to shape our lives today
What tourist attractions can I visit in Warwick?
It’s time to experience a bit of history, take a visit to the very place where William Shakespeare was born and raised, in order to save the building where William Shakespeare was born a public campaign was launched, supported by Charles Dickens. The property was purchased at auction by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in 1847 for £3,000 and they have kept it running since it now runs as a tourist attraction
- Prices from £24 per person for adults
- Prices from £15.50 per person for children
- Opening times are from 10 am till 4 pm
- Opening days on Saturdays to Wednesdays
- Located 16 miles outside of Warwick