Looking for a fun water sport to do? Paddleboard on Skye’s stunning coastline with Scotland SUP. Regardless of your ability, they tailor the course and lessons to fit your needs, so come along and have an absolutely splashing time!
Where can I go paddleboarding near Skye?
You will learn everything you need to paddle safely, from launching your board and learning how to go in a straight line while standing up! This all takes part in the beautiful bay of Plockton, the setting for the popular TV series, Hamish MacBeth, whose character was played by the famous Robert Carlyle. It is also well worth checking out the other paddleboard locations on Skye, Kintail and at Dornie.
- Have a good stance – keep your legs firm with your knees slightly flexed and a straight back. Stable legs will improve your chances of not tumbling into the water!
- Speaking of tumbling in… If you do fall, no big deal – but, make sure you fall the right way! Don’t dive directly forwards or backwards as you’ll hit your board, try to fall sideways while keeping hold of your paddle.
- Position your feet at about shoulder length apart, perpendicular to the boards axis.
While paddleboarding, don’t be surprised if some of the local wildlife pops its head to have a look! You can even bring your dog along for the fun – what could be more fun than travelling the waters with your four legged companion?
- Locations include Plockton, Kintail, Dornie, Broadford and numerous locations on the Isle of Skye
- Sessions are available both for beginners and more advanced paddleboarding
- Minimum age of 12 years old and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All equipment that you could need is provided on the day
- Sessions lasting up to 3 hours
- Prices from £45 per person.