Tiree is a beautiful and remote Scottish island, with white sand beaches and a paradise for watersport enthusiasts. Blackhouse Watersports, a family-run business, based on the North West coast of the Island at Balevullin Beach Hut, offer both surfing and kitesurfing lessons.
The beginners kitesurfing course is led by Marti who has over 20 years of experience teaching kitesurfing. The price for the 3-day course for up to 4 people is £550. (If there are 4 people in your group, this would be £137.50 per person). With good wind statistics and superb beaches, Tiree offers everything a kitesurfer would want.
When it is not windy why not try surfing? With the North Atlantic swell and water warmed by the Atlantic Gulf, Tiree is an excellent place to learn to surf. Blackhouse Watersports welcome surfers of all ages to learn to surf in a beautiful and relaxed environment.
They also offer lessons to intermediate and advanced surfers, helping them further develop. An introductory surfing lesson for 2 hours is available for £40 per person.
Where should I learn surfing or kitesurfing in Scotland?
You can also a rent kayak, with a lifejacket and wetsuit. The cost for half a day (3 hours) is £25 per person. Kayaks are suitable for 2-3 people. If you still have the energy to burn and would like to explore the island, bikes can also be hired for £5 per day.
- Learn from an experienced kitesurfing instructor
- Classes available to help more experienced kitesurfers hone their skills
- Suitable for 12-year-olds or over
- Surfing lessons are taken by fully qualified ISA instructors who will be with you in the water, supporting you through your lesson.
- Lessons are taught in groups – so great family holiday activity