Cardiff is one of Britain’s most under-appreciated cities being host to years of fascinating history, culture and modern development. If you want to find out more about the city, then luckily, this Irishman turned Cardiff local has the solution. Take a 2.5 hour walking tour of the Welsh capital, around the city centre, and discover it’s landmarks, characters and buildings that made the city what it is today.
How can I see Cardiff?
Made up of a team all passionate about Cardiff, Fogo’s Free Tours, the only free walking tour company in the city, is guaranteed to get you charmed by the city. Guided by local experts, you’ll discover more about Cardiff’s history with the industrial revolution, immigration and it’s expansion based on it’s coal industry in the 18th century. You’ll see the ‘green heart’ of Cardiff in Bute Park, see the countries top heritage attraction in the country at Cardiff castle, and admire the medieval St Johns church. With the guidance of this tour, you’ll learn all about Welsh history, language, food and culture and makes a great activity to add to your stack.
- The tour currently takes place every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday at 11am.
- Advanced booking is essential. Places can be reserved on their website linked below.
- The tour starts from John Batchelor Statue, opposite the TK Maxx Store on The Hayes. Look out for a green shirt and umbrella.
- Tours may not run if there are not enough places booked in advance.
- Entry to places of interest, such as Cardiff Castle, isn’t included.
- The tour is completely free, and they only ask for however much you thought the tour was worth at the end.