If you like cats half as much as we do then the Kitty Café is the purrfect place for a drink or a bite to eat when exploring the shopping in the city. With a great selection of tasty teas, food, mocktails and milkshakes there’s something for everyone and all whilst being surrounded by cute kitties!
Where can I find the Kitty Café in Leeds?
Set in a historic building that has been converted into a cat paradise, the café is also a re-homing and care facility for the cats and so by going you will be supporting them and helping them until they find their future family!
- There is a welfare charge of £6 per adult and £4 per child that goes towards looking after the cats.
- It is also highly recommended to book in advance online as it can get very busy.
Facts about cat cafés
- Cat cafés originated in Taiwan, with the first one opening in Taipei in 1998!
- Despite originating in Asia, cat cafés are now popular all over the world!
- Cat cafés are a great way to overcome a fear of cats as all the cats are very used to people and extremely unlikely to be aggressive!
- A lot of cat cafés are now a place to rehome cats and to try and help get the cats adopted!