Want to learn exciting truths about the oceans that surround us? Or are you a maritime enthusiast? If so, make sure to visit the Ocean Explorer Centre in Oban. Here, visitors can learn how our oceans work. The centre do this through unique displays like Underwater cameras, Films, science gear and computers. This is the educational centre for many different aspects of marine research in Scotland, so visitors will be getting highly educated and experienced information.
Where can I find the Ocean Explorer Centre?
This centre encourages visitors to contribute to a healthier marine environment, by educating them on the importance of safe practices going forward. Visitors can learn many different aspects of marine research in Scotland, so visitors will be getting highly educated and experienced information. The Ocean Explorer Centre is the UK’s oldest of its kind and is regulated by the Scottish Association for Marine Science, which deliver the research that is communicated inside the centre. So what are you waiting for? Make the most of your day off and experience and unique and educational day out that will inspire both young and old!
Ocean Exploration Tips
- The best way to discover the secrets of the ocean are to use, underwater cameras, 3-D Globes and Microscopes
- Be sure to to zoom in and enhance the image with their Microscopes in case your miss any fascinating and tiny creatures. The 3-D Globe will help to find where some of these creatures can be found
- More inspiration on what to look for can be found by watching some of the short films found throughout the centre. Once something catches your eye, go exploring!
- Venue is FREE for everyone to join!
- Visit the local cafe with lots of options to choose from
- A gift shop is available to purchase numerous different goodies to remember your journey with
- All areas accessible by wheelchair