If you’re looking for something a bit different to break up your city stay then the Winter Garden is a great place to spend an hour or two being surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. In the heart of the city and neighboured by galleries it’s a great oasis for those trying to see all the culture this city has to offer. It is the largest urban glasshouse in Europe, being over 22 metres high, and houses over 2,500 plants from around the world! With this impressive building and collection, we’re sure there will be something for everyone and is a must-see if you’re in the area.
What's there to do for free in Sheffield?
All this comes at the cost of nothing. It’s FREE! Don’t miss out on one of the sites in the city, especially if it’s a cold day. You won’t be disappointed.
- Café and a few shops on site
- Monday to Saturday: 8 am to 8 pm
- Sunday: 10am to 5pm
- Bank Holidays: 10 am to 5 pm
- Closed: Christmas Day
What plants are in Sheffield's Winter Garden?
- The garden is home to over 2500 plants.
- The bedding plants are changed 5 times a year to ensure the garden is colourful for guests all year round.
- You can expect to see tropical trees, ferns, bamboo, gorgeous flowering bed plants, and an exciting array of plants that will change over time!