You might be surprised to know that Wales’ largest art centre isn’t in its capital, but in Aberystwyth! Recognised as the national flagship for the arts, Aberystwyth Arts Centre has a fantastic programme of exhibitions, events and more across a range of art forms with something guaranteed to fit everyone’s tastes. This is a must-add to your stack for any trip to West Wales.
What can I do indoors in Wales?
The Aberystwyth Arts Centre’s main concert hall is host to a fantastic range of live events including live music from musicians big and small, stand-up comedy and fascinating talks and lectures, seating over 900 people. The Theatr y Werin theatre stages world-class theatre, dance and other performances including the popular annual summer musical. Film buffs can watch all the new blockbusters, art house flicks or the old classics at their cinema using top-of-the-range technology, while their gallery space features an exciting programme of exhibitions from artists hailing near and far. A visit to their award-winning cafe and pizza deli bar offers a mouthwatering selection of fresh, locally produced food and drink and would make a great way to cap off your visit.
- Admission is free.
- The centre is located at the centre of the main university campus in Aberystwyth – turning off A487.
- Free parking is available at weekends and evenings.
- Aberystwyth train station is located 1 mile away with buses available to the site.
- The programme of events can be viewed at: https://www.aberystwythartscentre.co.uk/whats-on-all
- Opening times for box office, cafes and venues can be found at: https://www.aberystwythartscentre.co.uk/opening-hours