Are you a horse racing lover? Wetherby racecourse home to some of the most exciting racing is open all year round for events, races and conferences. If you are heading to Wetherby for a fun day out at the racing be sure to check out the hospitality and dining packages to ensure the best possible experience when you are there. Home to jump and sprint racing, you are guaranteed a thrilling experience at the races, at the venue, you will be able to see the horses up close and personal in the paddock before each race and even in the winner’s enclosure after the race.
Where can I watch horse racing near Leeds?
- The average lifespan of a racehorse is 27 years
- Horse racing is a billion dollar industry
- It is known as the “Sport of Kings” In 1605 King James took a massive interest and started holding his own horse race meetings
- Queen Elizabeth owns many horses and has notched up over 1600 wins
- Dating all the way back to 1519, the Kiplingcotes Derby is the oldest horse race in the world that still takes place.
Wetherby racecourse is perfect for the family as even on busy race days there is still plenty for the kids to get up to with lots of activities on offer all over the racetrack. All children under the age of 17 accompanied by an adult will get into the enclosures for free, there is also baby changing available on-site if you are bringing the little ones. The racecourse also offers food and drink locations throughout the whole venue so you will be sure to find something that you fancy on the day. There is always a live band playing in the paddock on race day so be sure to check out the live entertainment on offer.
- Prices are dependent on the event
- Free parking available outside the main seating stand
- Gates will open 2 hours before the first race