Want to experience the magic Scottish lochs have to offer? Loch Ken, located in the Dumfries, is the perfect location to experience the power of the Scottish wind in an exhilarating way.
Where can I go windsurfing in Dumfries?
Offering various packages, from taster sessions for beginners to windsurfing courses, Galloway Activity Centre caters to adventurers of all windsurfing levels. For those interested in just trying out the tester courses, session times are split into two half-day sessions to make booking easier. Not only do they offer windsurfing, but you can also try out different kinds of water sports such as sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding!
Here are some windsurfing tips for beginners, or for those looking to brush up on their skills:
- Make sure your knees are bent when you are turning – this saves energy and stops you from pulling your muscles.
- On this note – relax your muscles! Your muscles will naturally become tense if this is your first time, so try to find a way to move or a position that allows you to relax.
- Keep your head up, always looking in the direction you’re going.
- Watch the video below for an important guide on your stance!
The on-site café welcomes adventurers to take a break from all the fun and enjoy a fulfilling meal, or perhaps for those who have come to watch their family members have fun, you can have a lovely warm beverage to keep you company. Galloway Activity Centre also offers accommodation for those keen to have more than just a taster session. So what are you waiting for? Get your equipment on and windsurf away!
- Booking via phone (enquiries through an online form on the website)
- No refunds
- Session times: 10 am – 1 pm, 2 pm to 5 pm (timings include getting kitted up with wetsuits and equipment)
- Minimum age requirement of 8 years old
- Prices from £50 per person (equipment and wetsuits included)
- Courses available for windsurfers of any skill level
- Located 27 miles outside of Dumfries