Set in the heart of the North Island of New Zealand is a unique and exciting them park with a twist! This park is a great place to have a day out with the family, learn lots about prawns and have lots of fun in the process. On site they have lots of activities such as water bikes, water cannons, a treasure hunt and, if they have the stock, fishing for prawns! Whilst there you can visit the hatchery and learn about about how they grow the prawns and how they live in their pools!
Why should I go to Haku Pawn Park?
Haku Prawn Park is a truly unique experience and is guaranteed to give you life long memories of catching and eating lovely pawns with the whole family!
They also have Taupo’s only riverside restaurant which, of course, has a delicious selection of prawn based dishes that can be perfectly paired with local beers and ciders! The Prawn Park is a highlight of a holiday in New Zealand and if you are in Taupo it is well worth the visit.
- Opening Times
- Open 5 days, Friday through to Tuesday
- Weekends – 9am to 4pm
- Week days – 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Prawn Fishing (which is a highlight of the trip) is currently unavailable due to stocks so check online for when they will allow fishing again.
- Enjoy great food at the brilliant riverside restaurant.
- ADMISSION PRICES:
- Adults: $25.00
- Child: $13.50 (5 -15 years old)
- Under 5’s free with a paying adult
- Senior: $18.00
- Student: $18.50
- Family: $65.00 (includes 2 adults & up to 5 children 5-15yrs and under 5’s free with paying adult)
- Guided Tour Only $12.50
- There are about 3000 species of prawns in the world!
- Most prawns are freshwater and live in pools and rivers but, some species live in saltwater and like hanging near the shallows and sandy beaches.
- Prawns live around 2 or 3 years in the wild.