Planning a trip to Ireland’s capital city? If so, make the most of your journey and discover some quirky, educational, interesting and entertaining things to do while here. Dublin is full to the brim of tourist attractions, like Museums and Tours. Or just stop off and have a pint of Guinness in one of the city’s 751 pubs!
Whether it’s a relaxing trip or a thrilling journey, Dublin has something for everyone. Why not explore the famous Guinness Storehouse or the Irish Whiskey Museum?
If History is your passion, then Dublin is the place for you. Visit on of Dublin’s top museums, Dublinia, and while you are there, take a trip around the corner and witness the magnificent St Patrick’s Cathedral!
Dublin is a fantastic city for walking, so why not get those steps in! Take a stroll along the River Liffey and witness the little nooks and crannies that are placed alongside it. Of course, no trip to Dublin is complete without taking a stroll down the cobblestone streets of Temple Bar!
Dublin is a vibrant and historic city, with plenty of attractions and activities to keep visitors entertained. Here are some popular things to do in Dublin:
- Trinity College is one of the oldest universities in Ireland and is home to the famous Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript created in the 9th century.
- Dublin Castle is a historic castle located in the heart of the city, featuring beautiful gardens, historic buildings, and a museum.
- The Guinness Storehouse is a museum dedicated to the famous Irish beer brand, offering visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process and a chance to sample some of the famous brews.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral is the largest church in Ireland and is dedicated to the country’s patron saint.
- The National Museum of Ireland is a museum dedicated to Irish history and culture, featuring exhibits on Irish archaeology, decorative arts, and natural history.
- Temple Bar is a bustling neighbourhood in central Dublin, known for its lively pubs, street performers, and vibrant nightlife.
- Phoenix Park is a large park located in the centre of Dublin, featuring beautiful gardens, historic monuments, and a herd of wild fallow deer.
- Kilmainham Gaol is a former prison in Dublin that is now a museum, offering visitors a glimpse into the history of Irish political prisoners.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Dublin, and visitors are sure to find plenty more to explore and discover during their time in this vibrant and historic city.