Make the most of Edinburgh, and discover some great things to do. With its elegant Georgian New Town and historic Old Town, with a labyrinth of closed and cobbled streets, Edinburgh has a lot to offer. Restaurants, pubs, and World-class events, all make this city a great place to explore.
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is a truly alive city and a hub of culture, creativity and history in this amazing country! With so much to explore you may be wondering where to start and Funstacker is a great place to sort out what you want to do when looking for exciting, fun activities to do in the city!
If you’re looking to make something – check out the different creative workshops that are available. Try chocolate making, ceramics, cookery, drawing or even wooden spoon making.
Edinburgh is a great town to stretch your legs, visiting the city’s fantastic museums or art galleries. Along the way check out a host of sightseeing opportunities like the Scots Monument or Arthur’s Seat. With so much history in one city, you will be stumbling across iconic streets and monuments just by walking around! You can even catch some sea air with a walk along Portobello Promenade. Go on a ghost bus tour, visit a distillery or explore Mary King’s Close.
Perhaps after all this, relax with a trip to the Royal Botanic Garden – it makes a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. When in Edinburgh there is so much to discover and uncover through the layers of the city. we hope you enjoy your visit!
Here are some fun things to do in Edinburgh:
- Visit Edinburgh Castle: One of the most iconic landmarks in the city, Edinburgh Castle offers stunning views of the city and is steeped in history.
- Explore the Royal Mile: This historic street in the heart of Edinburgh is lined with pubs, restaurants, and shops selling souvenirs and traditional Scottish products.
- Take a tour of the Scottish Parliament: The Scottish Parliament building is a stunning example of contemporary architecture and offers guided tours.
- Visit the National Museum of Scotland: This museum is home to a vast collection of artefacts, including the famous Lewis Chessmen.
- Take a ghost tour: Edinburgh is said to be one of the most haunted cities in the world, and there are plenty of ghost tours that take you through the city’s dark history.
- Attend a festival: Edinburgh is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Edinburgh International Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Go on a walking trip: The hills surrounding Edinburgh offer breathtaking views of the city and the Scottish countryside.
- Visit the Royal Botanic Garden: This stunning garden is home to over 13,000 plant species and is a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Visit Camera Obscura and World of Illusions: This attraction is filled with optical illusions, puzzles, and interactive exhibits that are sure to entertain kids of all ages.
- Take a Harry Potter tour: Edinburgh is the birthplace of Harry Potter, and there are several tours that take you to the locations that inspired the books.
- Visit the Scotch Whisky Experience: This attraction offers interactive tours that teach visitors about the history and production of whisky, as well as a tasting session.