Head to the incredible valleys of Iceland and glide through snowy vistas in this exciting skiing experience!
Where can I go skiing in North Iceland?
Does your heart call out for the beautiful slopes of Iceland? Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned expert, Tindastól Ski Resort has the facilities for the whole family to have a fun and safe time. Based in the beautiful Ytridalur Valley, Tindastól offers walkways for cross country skiers of all abilities, with naturally occurring varying terrain.
Beginner Skiing Tips
If this is your first time skiing, then here’s a few important tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure your skis are the correct height – it is recommended that they should be around 20-30cm lower than your own height. Shorter skis are much easier to turn, and longer ones will constantly cross over each other.
- Keep an eye on your stance – try and keep your feet shoulder-wide and pointing inwards to make a triangle shape, while bending your knees and waist slightly. This will give you good base of support.
- This stance is useful for controlling your speed! It is likely you will need to stop multiple times down the slope, as there will be other people in front of you – use this stance to slow down, pointing your heels furthers outward and your toes inward.
Give snowboarding or skiing a try as a complete beginner in the resorts “Magic blanket”, a gentle 40m stretch up the slope- perfect for building confidence. Moving onto the family-friendly “Lower Elevator”, where a number of more challenging routes await. Already a pro? Why not try out the “Top Lift” for size? Then after a long day, kick back, relax and enjoy hot cocoa at the on-site restaurant.
- Opening hours (subject to change, check website for further details): Weekdays: 14:00-19:00, Weekends: 11:00-16:00
- Prices vary depending on age and duration of stay – Children 1500kr +, Adult 4000kr +, Pensioners 2000kr +